Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What's Been Going On

I had a plan for the baseball offseason, even started it with my Hall of Fame posts with the expectation I would continue through every position and then transition into other topics best covered in the offseason.

That plan has changed. I'm in the process of transitioning this blog and will make it public when all the i's are dotted and t's crossed, which should be soon. At this point I don't know if I will retain the blog name (or even if that matters), but I suspect my emphasis will remain the same--primarily baseball, with an emphasis on the Chicago teams since I have a healthy following there.

As I move forward, I'll probably cannibalize some of the work I did earlier in this blog as I update it to reflect new data, and as I do that I'll probably delete older pieces on this site. For example, one of the first posts I ever wrote was on stolen bases, and I'll update that right around the beginning of the 2014 season and then remove it from this site. However, I'll probably leave this site up for folks to poke around in if they wish--it somehow gets 100-200 hits a day even when I haven't written in quite some time.

What will NOT change is my emphasis or my desire, which is to TELL STORIES. A number without context is just another number, and since there's no shortage of people who can tell you what happened in a game and why (and do it FAR better than I can), I won't attempt to add something where I have nothing to contribute. This past year suggests there is an audience who wants a bit more depth in some of the subjects, particularly in baseball. In April 2013 I had around 35 Twitter followers--7 months later I'm at over 1,500, so I must have struck a chord somewhere. I've been the beneficiary of some very helpful boosts, and those people know who they are but still need to be reminded that I will ALWAYS BE GRATEFUL. This means you DB, JG, LK and BK.

As always, your continued support is appreciated and humbling. It's been a very interesting year and promises to become that much more so. I'll let you know where you can find me very soon.

2 comments :

  1. Nice post. I study something more challenging on completely different blogs everyday. It is going to all the time be stimulating to learn content from different writers and observe a bit one thing from their store. I’d prefer to make use of some with the content on my weblog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a hyperlink in your internet blog. Thanks for sharing.SEO jobs in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really incredible and interesting article. Keep the good work. I really appreciate your effort on putting such thoughts in the post. Thanks for sharing with us. Latest php openings in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete